If the hotend doesn’t properly let filament trough it might indicate that the Nozzle is clogged. Signs that indicate this are; the extruder motor is struggling to get filament trough, prints that are more air then material or the material curls after leaving the nozzle.
Before you start cleaning:
- Preheat the Nozzle to your standard temperature
- Raise the z-axis to eye-height
- Pull out the filament from the teflon tube with the extruder
1. Put a needle trough the Nozzle #
Your printer will most likely come with a small needle that fits the nozzle (typically 0.4mm). Put the needle into the Nozzle and move it up and down a few times.
2. Clean filament off with a brush #
Remove the plastic cover of the hotend to expose the hotend and nozzle. Brush the plastic off with a Copper Brush in one smooth forward and backwards motion.